Music.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Miss Tiger Woods

Yeah... I've been golfing. I decided since Jordan is playing in a slow pitch softball league with me I should take on a sport he likes. Why I picked golf is beyond me. Well, I golfed yesterday for the first time ever. Jordan took his clubs and let me borrow his sister's (I guess because we're the same height?). The best way I can describe the feeling of a golf swing is something like this: a fluid motion that is the exact opposite of the softball swing ingrained in me. Everything about golf feels unnatural and awkward. Now that I've perfected my softball swing I'm working against everything I've ever been taught to get rid of it. Keep my left arm straight, bend my wrists, open and close my hands, don't step with my front foot, bend over at the waist, keep my front shoulder higher than my back shoulder, turn my wrists over to close the swing... seriously?! It was hard. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel hopeless. Towards the end, however, I started to remember the things I was supposed to focus on and it felt a little better. This weekend we're going fishing... I can't wait. But we're also going to golf again. Does anyone else think that if we're going golf so much we should play softball more than one night a week, too?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The hell with golfing just do the softball and fishing thing. What else do you need.

jporterGOP said...

I disagree. Golfing is amazing.

JP said...

Haha... thank you, Dad. Nothing like a waste of a sport to consume people's time. I mean... who plays 36 holes in one day after working ground crew at that same course?! (... Jordan) Golf is lame.

mickey said...

The fact that Jordan golfs makes me like him more.

I'll golf with Jordan.

Unknown said...

As Rodney Dangerfield said in Caddyshack "Golf courses and cemeteries are the biggest waste of real estate there is."