Music.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

By Special Request...

... I'm going to update. I've been asked a few times now so I think I finally have an appropriate topic. After all of the softball/baseball posts I think I can put in my two cents and post about my first slowpitch game of the season. That's right, Joni is back on the field. This summer I'm on a co-ed slowpitch team for Jordan's company. We had a night game tonight, under the lights. It was fun to say the least. I didn't really shine tonight but hopefully it isn't a foreshadowing on the rest of my season. My at bats went something like: KO, ground out to the pitcher, walk, and 1B on an error. Defensively, I played short the entire game up until the last inning and I asked to be put at 2nd (the guy who was there usually plays short stop anyway). We ended up losing the game in the last inning 16-17. It was close the entire time but we couldn't hold them. They had some really good hitters. Someone on our team even nicknamed one of their players the "she-man". Overall it was fun. Jordan's quite disappointed in himself/the game but I'm happy I'm playing at all. We'll be playing every Tuesday night so look forward to updates on it I guess.

By the way, my computer needs repairing so I'll be online sparingly, sorry. Until next time though, take care and enjoy the lack of snow.

P.S.
Jordan and I are going to rock the Key Lime pie contest.

3 comments:

carriegel said...

I wish there was a lack of snow. It was snowing this morning. Yuck. I have had enough.

I am making a practice pie next week. I hope it is as good as I remember!

Good luck with your softball season.

Unknown said...

We had snow yesterday morning.

Forget the pies we have the winner in our ice box right now.

JP said...

Hah... I assumed all the snow was gone.