Music.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Summertime.

It's almost time for summer... and slowpitch? I might be on a slowpitch team this summer if I stay in the area. The last time I played any kind of softball game I hyper extended my knee. Plus, that last game was a slowpitch game. So I decided to work on knee strength today.

I started with a kind of improv grapevine move and finished it faster than I started. I was feeling pretty winded. Then I switched legs. After two rounds of barely moving I was breathing heavily and laying on my bed. I reluctantly got back up and tried an old volleyball drill where we squat down, touch the floor, jump up and reach our hands up as high as we could. Ah, there was the weakness in my knee I was looking for. I could tell I was favoring my right knee (the one that didn't get hurt). So after jumping 10 times I was dying and out of breath. I took a short break (less than a minute) and drank some water to help quench myself. Next I tried non weighted squats, just three sets of 10. And then I did some physical therapy moves I remembered from a softball practice when Shannon's PT came in and worked us out.

My leg was shaking way more than I expected, definitely weak from babying it. After 7 minutes of barely working out I it is extremely safe to say I am out of shape. I'm going to have to work out a little more than 7 minutes if I want to finish the entire season this summer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You better get in shape, that slow pitch softball is pretty rough game.

jporterGOP said...

Yeah, especially after their 3 beer limit.

JP said...

I am turning 21 in June...

Unknown said...

Is the 3 beer limit before the game starts?

And how do you know about the 3 beer limit?