Music.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day Two

Today was a little different than yesterday. Kevin and I found out we don't have quite the same schedule. I rode to campus early and did a little reading before my class but he wasn't going to wait 2 hours for me to get out and give me a ride home. That means that today was my first bus ride to North Grand Rapids.

Usually my experience on the bus is a mild one. Everyone else attends Grand Valley and has a backpack. Not this time. This was the first time I've ever been asked to show my Grand Valley student ID (students ride free). Immediately I noticed I was in different company. I was the minority. I shuffled my way to the back of the bus where I sat quietly without stirring next to a homeless guy and his trash bag.

Nothing bad happened. I didn't really expect it to. It was just a different experience. I expected it to be the way it was... I work at The Burlington Coat Factory... everyone that rides that bus shops in my store.

2 comments:

megawatt miler said...

hey your ergonomic engineering class sounds very similar to the human factors in engineering class im taking this semester-hopefully it will be interesting!

carriegel said...

sounds like this could be an interesting semester, bus-wise that is.