Music.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Powerbars...

First let me describe the scene...

I was sitting in room 277 waiting for my next OSH class to start. As time ticked away I made easy conversation with my cousin sitting right next to me. I expressed the longing to exercise once more. While exercising is an activity I enjoy, it's also one I can hate. As with any love/hate relationship, there is always a question in one's mind as to why they ever stopped. This made our conversation run something as follows:

"I kind of miss exercising," I started. He looked and without hesitating he replied,

"You should start running with me again."

I pondered the thought for a few seconds. I had already been rolling it around in my mind for a few days but I would be dragged back to the last time when I wound up crying in the middle of an old golf course parking lot (so many hills). Finally I decided to say the key phrase, "It's not that I don't like to run... I just can't run like you."

"I'll take it easy on you, we can start out slow just like we did last year." was his next bullet.

He was saying all the things I wanted to hear. Before I knew it, I had a contract signed saying I would only eat the things he deemed adequate for me to eat and I would get up and exercise on his command.



Well. Here I am. Not even a week into it and so much lactic acid build up in my muscles it's amazing I can even type this blog. I'm on an all protein diet and running about a mile a day with follow-up exercises. Today was my carb day and I spent lunch at McDonald's. Now it's another week of chicken and cottage cheese until I can have another delicious, mouth-watering, oh-so-delightful carb again.

Hopefully the next time everyone sees me I'll be more in shape if not a bit slimmer.

My goal is just to get back in shape before I get myself into a wedding dress.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope it is still going to be awhile until you slip into that wedding dress.

Anonymous said...

Me too. In shape not in a wedding dress.

JP said...

Yeah, yeah... don't worry about it.

carriegel said...

i have the same love/hate relationship with excercise. the day they say there are no health or weight management benefits is the day i quit.

jporterGOP said...

i'm guessing that your title was inspired by the My New Haircut video. am i correct?

JP said...

Hah... I didn't see you post it anywhere, I've seen it before frommmm... uh... I don't remember... oh it was on Jordan's facebook. But yeah, it's from that video.

JP said...

I realized when you said My New Haircut video it wasn't your new Haircut Video. Long story short, Yes, it is from that video. I thought about posting it here but it isn't very appropriate.