Music.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lessons to be Learned.

Lesson 1: How to Surf

Lesson 2: How to drive a manual transmission.

Why?

Because soon I'll be driving this:














Why?

Because I read this ConsumerReports magazine from 'a certain person who shall go unnamed' and learned:

  • The Mazda3 is one of their best used cars under $20,000 at $17140
  • Mazda scored 4th to Honda, Subaru and Toyota in their Automaker Reports with a recommendation of 86% of the tested vehicles (Mercedes was the next lowest at 67%)
  • The Mazda3 scored a 78 on its overall road-test score with high predicted reliability
  • It gets 30 mpg
  • Handling is precise and responsive
  • Curtain airbags
  • It scored great in accident avoidance
  • It ended up in my price range for 'models to look for'
  • It made its way on to the list of 'best of the best - small cars' in most reliable used cars to buy
  • Scored much better than average in 'reliability' in all but electrical, brakes, audio system and power equipment
So... Thanks for the magazine! (Even though I'm sure that certain unnamed person wouldn't approve of this car)...

8 comments:

jporterGOP said...

He was actually happy to hear it. The Mazda 3 is a pretty good car. He said that it's supposed to handle with some of the Hondas.

carriegel said...

Just remember this unnamed person's mantra is, "fit and finish, fit and finish".

Anonymous said...

very cool, joni-bologna, very cool indeed.

JP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JP said...

I actually looked over the 'fit and finish' some... I don't know what a good or bad one is but I tried looking for a bad one. And I knew it handled good but I still didn't think he'd approve.

Yay! =)

I should have it by Saturday or Sunday. I took my first refresher driving lesson today in the Boeing parking lot nextdoor to work. One of my co-workers was nice enough to risk his transmission to let me practice.

=)

jporterGOP said...

It would not be the transmission I'd be worried about, it's the clutch. Just don't be one of those people that rev the engine up and slowly let the clutch go. Drives me nuts.

Tween Team said...

thats a nice car.i like it.