Music.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sand, Sunshine, Twilight...

Twilight:

It was good. The first book was captivating. I hated a majority of the second book. I liked a lot of the last book the same way as the first. I think I was drawn to the happy moments. The sad ones just kind of bummed me out. As far as the character, Bella, I didn't approve. Not necessarily because she was whiny, but because she was quick-tempered and stubborn. In my opinion, I would have never been friends with her (she seemed very annoying). I can't imagine why the 'perfect' boy would fall for someone so less than ordinary. Which brings me to another peeve I had, I didn't appreciate Bella's lack of confidence/self-esteem. She isn't a very good role model. Overall, the books were entertaining at least. I found myself annoyed at times but I still was able to read through them (and found myself wanting to read more). I wasn't attached to the characters at the end like I thought I'd be though. Many times I cry at the end of books only because it's the end of the character. Sometimes a book is just as bad as a funeral to me. But these ones weren't emotional to let go of.

California!:

I love my job! More to come on that subject later.

I had my first lesson in surfing today and came back with some of these:






I know you can't see the one on my leg very well but I have a feeling it'll get worse. I have a lot going on but hopefully I can get more pictures soon. I'm supposed to be going hiking later today and I'll take my camera along. Last Tuesday I went to the Angels vs. Red Sox game in Anaheim and had a BLAST. We had excellent seats right behind home plate and everything was free (the guy who gave us the tickets treated us).

I hope you all are ready... I have a lot to say about a lot that's out here.
=)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe there is more to do there than here in Wisconsin.

jporterGOP said...

Why did you put a picture of Mom at the end? :p

JP said...

Ha. Ha.

carriegel said...

Oh, we are ready.

It is strange to read posts about surfing. What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to hear more too. Hopefully the surfing is worth the cuts and bruises.