Music.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Goal Setting

I set a few goals today. One of them was to read 5 books before the end of the semester. So far on my list I have:

1. Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
2. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
3. (I'm on the fence about this one) The Analects of Confucius: A Philosophical Translation (Classics of Ancient China)

Any suggestions for 4, 5, and possibly a different number 3? And has anyone heard of "Kindle"? It's really cool. Expensive and for people who read more but it looks really really cool.

5 comments:

jporterGOP said...

i'm pretty sure you just re-'kindle'd an old blog topic. i think aunt carla was talking about those once..

JP said...

I thought I'd heard it in another. Now that you say that I think I even know which one it was in. I'm more interested in what books are good reads though.

Shaelynn said...

I've got some suggestions:

Naked by David Sedaris is supposed to be pretty good, if you haven't read it already. It's on my list of things to read.

Lipstick Jihad is a good read if you're interested in reading about an Iranian woman who was raised in the U.S. and returns to Iran, despite feelings of being disconnected from both places.

--Those are both creative nonfiction/memoir type pieces.

mickey said...

Beautiful Boy and Tweak.

They're written by a father and son, and are basically autobiographies. I own Beautiful Boy, and Mallary owns Tweak, so I've finally gotten to read both.

They're very good.

Very sad, but very good.

Anonymous said...

Water for Elephants.