Music.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Smart Man

"Growth results in a continued freshness of application."

Younger, I would be at the video rental store looking to rent a movie. I remember mom taking me and I would rent The Flintstones. I must have rented the movie five times in a row. Finally, dad took me to rent a movie. I wanted Robin Hood: Men in Tights. I was told, "No." Dad had seen the movie before. At the time I couldn't wrap my mind around the concept.

In another setting we were sitting at home watching Casper. Dad must have been doing all he could to tolerate it so we could watch. There was a scene that showed the staircase and he said, "I didn't see that before." At the time I had no idea how he could be seeing such miniscule details.

What is the point to this? Today my professor noted that the only way he can watch a movie more than once is if a) he enjoys it and b) he brings in freshness of application by looking for new things. Who knew my very own father was teaching me how to grow all these years?

5 comments:

jporterGOP said...

I've noticed that as I watch movies I look for things I hadn't seen before as well.

mickey said...

Airplane is the best movie ever for that.

I've never watched it without noticing something new.

And I've watched that movie a lot.

Anonymous said...

Only a few movies I can watch more than once, most considered classics: Gone With the Wind, Anne of Green Gables. When I do see a repeat, I don't know if I'm looking for something new or just finally notice it.

Unknown said...

Everytime I watch Airplane there seems to be something new.

I agree too the only movies I can watch over and over again are the classics like Dirty Harry, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, and Blazing Saddles.

And I finally taught you something without even knowing it.

carriegel said...

there are some tv shows i have watched over and over and never tire of them. mash is one example.