Music.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

NIU Part Two

Last weekend I visited the boyfriend at Northern Illinois University. I haven't said much about him in posts because, well, I don't like introducing boys to people if they're not going to stick around long. Well, it seems there is potential in this one.

Let me introduce you to Matt Kennedy:


Safety Major, Productivity & Mechanical Engineering Tech Minors
Vice President (soon to be President!) of his American Society of Safety Engineers student chapter (it's a popular safety organization... I'm a member... the conference we met at was an ASSE conference)
Age: 25 going on 26 (he's so old!)
Favorite food: Steak
Favorite band/artist: Tom Petty
Favorite decade: 90's

Our story: We met at the Future Safety Engineers of America safety conference in Kentucky back in November at the bowling social. Anyone who knows me knows I hate bowling. Well I was sitting around while 10-15 classmates bowled and Matt started up a conversation about me beginning with, "Hey, you're that girl I saw in the hall earlier." It was true. A little embarrassing because I was awkwardly waiting at a door to get into a room and he was walking by with a friend and just slipped in a 'hi' while passing. Whatever. We hung out for a few days at the conference and have talked every day since.

I wanted to blog about the first time I visited NIU but I forgot to take my camera SO... here's my second trip =)

One of my favorite parts, we made a cake together.


Well... Matt made a cake and had the pleasure of my company.


Okay, really I just stood around and took pictures.


Seriously, I hardly contributed according to these pictures.


Matt's idea: putting strawberries and strawberry syrup into the cake. Genius.


Matt, like a 3 year old child, could not wait for the cake to cool. I tried to tell him you can't frost it when it's warm...


The end result:


This is where I came in! I ATE the cake! Not bad at all. The frosting recovered and we had one helluva cake.


Probably the best part. I know it doesn't sound that great, but I love a good competition and Matt was just that in the game of:

I lost 4 out of 5 games. So. Much. Fun. We also played Monopoly... and I got my butt kicked. Next visit: Phase 10.

Stay tuned for:
Alcoa update
Train ride
Cleaning my apartment

4 comments:

jporterGOP said...

Good old Matt Reagan.

carriegel said...

he cooks! i like him.

Shaelynn said...

Age: 25 going on 26 (he's so old!)

Being that I'm in this very same position in life, I'm going to take offense to that. =P (jk!!)

That cake looked pretty good.

Anonymous said...

he cooks AND plays games. All good signs.