Music.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Home, Safe.

Hi family and friends. I know it's been about a week since I've posted. First, an update: Florida was just okay. I didn't think it was anything special as a state, much like Michigan in the summer with a few extra palm trees and an aged population. I got an A- on my Haight & Ashbury speech and was 3 seconds away from the perfect time. I was excited about that.

I haven't had much time to write and I apologize. I'm still reading what's happening in your lives but haven't had the chance to sit down and devote some time to writing another blog. I have a good one in the making and Michael already knows about it, I'm just not in the mood tonight.

Other than small talk stuff, here's a blatantly honest question: When is the right time to mature? I know there has to be at least one family member out there who has been "young and stupid." Unfortunately even thought I've been young for a while, I've never really been very stupid. I am dating someone "young and stupid" though and I've just been thinking... will he ever grow up? And when will he be the age when it isn't okay anymore? Maybe it's an inappropriate question but just wondering... when did you reach that point in your life when you decided it's time to start being responsible?

6 comments:

jporterGOP said...

When I was about 14 I realized my niche was to be responsible. So, here I am.

carriegel said...

Wow, I am going to have to think about that one for awhile.

mickey said...

Now I feel kind of bad about last night.

I didn't know anything was going on (like it apparently looks now).

JP said...

Nothing is really going on... it's more like it's very annoying to have an immature boyfriend and I'm hoping he'll grow out like he keeps saying he will.

Shaelynn said...

"...will he ever grow up? And when will he be the age when it isn't okay anymore?"

Oh, Joni... Unfortunately, you might have to realize he may never grow up and you'll probably come to realize that you're tired of it way before he realizes it's not okay.

Wow, that came out sounding incredibly depressing. What I mean is that, as I attempt to salvage what I thought was good advice, everyone matures at different rates and, unfortunately, many guys in college seem to be incredibly immature. Some grow out of it and some don't, so I'm not sure there's a right time. I think your issues with this will have an outcome when you've made a decision on how long you're willing to deal with the immaturity.

I hope that sounded better...

Anonymous said...

You don't want to hear about responsible from us near or already century old people. All I can say on this without getting out the soapbox is that some responsibilities are a choice. Choose wisely. Some come with age.