Music.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

That's My Favorite Movie

I'm not sure how many people know this but there are a few lines in Austin Powers 2 that go, "Alright, I'm gonna go watch a mooovie. Hey, In Like Flint, that's my favorite mooovie!" Every time Jordan or I say we're gonna go watch a movie we quote these two lines, not knowing what they mean. Well, last week I went through a Google phase and googled everything I could get my mind on. It turns out, In Like Flint was a sequal to a spoof that used the same cliche jokes as the first spoof, much like Austin Powers. It was also about trying to sabotage an evil genius' plan for world domination. Actually, exactly like Austin Powers. Jordan and I laughed hysterically once we realized what the joke actually was. I figured I would try to enlighten my audience about this line because they actually stand out in the movie without knowing the joke behind them. Here's a link and a clip from In Like Flint since I couldn't find the Austin Powers clip. Enjoy and good night.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Like_Flint

3 comments:

Unknown said...

In Like Flint was America's answer to James Bond. Never quite made it though.

megawatt miler said...

wow-i never knew that either. good info!

jporterGOP said...

haha, i quote that line all the time too