Music.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Should Be a Good Day

It's Sunday and my first day off in two weeks. How excited am I? Well I knew you'd be wondering. I'm very excited. This is the plan.

Jordan has to do some yard work I guess (just found out). Afterwards we're going to go shopping. SHOPPING! Yeahhh. Not anything big, just going to Linens and Things because they're going out of business. They're supposed to have a 10-30% discount and I need a rubber ducky shower curtain for my bathroom when I move in the fall... and maybe I can find some other treasures.

Then we're scheduled to go to the Home Depot to get paint. I'm going to repaint my desk! Yay! I'm going to do a deep, rich, chocolate brown color. I think I'm going to change my chair, too. I've been using a spatter painted blue chair (the splattered paint is white). My dad used to use it to paint ceilings when I was little and I stole it to take to school with me. It's a little wobbly now, though, so I'm thinking about changing chairs or maybe painting it to match the desk... or something... I have no idea. Do you have any ideas for me?

How about some kind of theme I can tie into my room next year? The living room? Kitchen? I know you were into interior design for a while, dad. Let me know, thanks.

11 comments:

Shaelynn said...

If you're doing a brown desk, I suggest doing a blue and brown sort of theme in your room. It's pretty popular, but you can mix and match patterns and stuff to make it unique.

I love the rubber ducky bathroom idea. I'm sure we'll end up with one at some point, though we'll probably have to have kids before I can convince Scott it's okay.

Unknown said...

Me, and interior decorator? I don't think so. You don't want me coming up with color combinations, if I did I would be on one of those shows where they make fun of peoples decorating skills before they do a make over. I think I will side with shae on this one because I don't have a clue.

And be careful with that chair, it's a classic.

Anonymous said...

green looks good with brown too -- like a light mossy green. thinking of doing my own bedroom/bathroom in those colors myself. saw the combination in a store yesterday and loved it.

carriegel said...

shae and c's color suggestions are excellent. go to target and look at their pillows. you will get a good idea what is the trendy thing right now.

jporterGOP said...

if you paint that chair i'll kill you

Unknown said...

Better watch what you say the last time you told someone your were going to kill them you ended up in detention.

JP said...

I've seen a lot of blue and brown but I don't like following trends. I went to the Behr website and did a color guide and I think I like dark brown, a kind of gray brown, yellow, and light yellow.

Shaelynn said...

I like the brown & yellow idea.

carriegel said...

brown and yellow reminds me of bumble bees. not saying that is a bad thing, just what comes to mind.

Anonymous said...

ditto on the bees. what did you end up with?

JP said...

All I have is a brown desk right now but I'm set on the light yellow and brown colors I think.