Music.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thursday.

So today was busy. I woke up at 11:18am to a storm, which wasn't bad, I like storms. Then I saw a voicemail, missed call, and text (sorry, dad, couldn't help it). So the voicemail is the part I want to get to. As I checked it I was asked to come in and train in the deli (finally) from noon-6:00pm. Well I was already scheduled today at 5:00pm so I hurried to call back and asked if noon-4:00pm was good enough. This is where it gets tricky. She said noon-4:00pm would work fine so now it was up to me to get there in time. Let me break it down:

It was now about 11:20am and I had 40 minutes to get there, keep in mind I just woke up. No problem for me to get ready in 15 minutes (I usually leave at the 35 minute mark to get to work early).

Just after getting off the phone (still about 11:20am) I realize I have no car. Great. Jordan took it to work because I didn't plan on having to use it until 4:30pm. Now I'm panicking.

Luckily Jordan's sister was able to get me to the golf course to pick up the car. I only have about 9 minutes to get ready so I quick throw my hair up (I wear a hat in the deli), put on my jeans and ugly polo, brush my teeth, and run out the door (11:30am, impressed yet?).

So I make it to job #1 on time. Whew. On my 15 minute break I bought a lunchable and scarfed it in the car. Ready for my transition?

I had two checks to deposit so I went to the bank. Due to my hectic morning I forgot one of the two at home and only deposited one. The cashier at the bank asked how my day was and I explained how crazy it had been so far and how I had to find a way to get from my deli uniform to my retail clothes. This was a really nice cashier, she offered the bank's bathroom for me to change in. So I did. It was pretty awkward going into the bathroom looking like a deli clerk and coming out looking like a business woman but I got over it soon enough.

Anyway, I saved so much time in the bank that I had a chance to stop at Starbucks and grab some espresso and a rice crispy treat. My first day in the deli went really well, too, in case you wondered. I'm catching on extremely fast in both jobs, it's kind of freaking me out. I'm able to do somethings at the BCF that some superiors can't do yet. Sometimes I hate being an overachiever. Oh well.

That's all I have. Hope your Thursday was a little less stressful. =)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You can get out of bed at 11:18am and have a hectic day? That doesn't sound right.

I am glad to hear to take after me in the getting ready department. Throw on some clothes, brush your teeth, put on a hat and run out the door. Should only take 5 maybe 10 minutes tops.

carriegel said...

i woke up to thunderstorms too. only a little earlier in the morning than you. i love listening to the rain and thunder.

are you working two jobs all summer?

mickey said...

Ha ha.

I remember when I was at Hot Topic my boss was shocked how quickly I was catching on.

I was thinking, "What sort of idiots do you hire, that they struggle with this?"

Then I remembered I was working at Hot Topic.

'Nough said.

JP said...

Low maintenance = happiness. No matter who you are.

I'm trying the two jobs thing, whichever schedule gets to me first is the one that'll have to get worked around I guess. The store manager at the grocery store said to try it out for a week or so. The only problem is I'm not on a schedule over there yet, I'm just training. It's kind of a "Can you get here now?" thing at the moment.

And yeah, I'm definitely management material at the BCF according to Jordan's mom. I told her the same thing about catching on. Yesterday I was using the NJO Lookup thing that I was taught the day before and my manager, Mallory, didn't even know how to sign into it.