Music.

Monday, July 14, 2008

I Had a Nice Weekend

Weekend: n. a time to relax

That's how I defined the word weekend these past few days. I'll break it down, day by day.

Friday:
Nothing too exciting to say about Friday. I had breakfast in Coleman and left for Grand Rapids shortly after. Upon my arrival I picked up my check from work, got my schedule for the week, and went to the bank. After picking up Jordan from work the weekend began. We picked up paint from the Home Depot and came home. We then sat down to a nice dinner (we were hungry). Forgetting about the paint I picked up just hours later I suggested we watch a movie. I chose The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (classic). After 4 hours went by we realized it was midnight and I forgot I wanted to paint.

Saturday:
Today was the real beginning to the weekend. As soon as Jordan got out of work we went to painting. He sanded while I labored in the hot sun. Here are the pictures.






And the finished product:




Sunday:
Sunday Jordan had plans to golf with his dad and I had plans to swim all day with my friend, Ryan Perry... or better known as Gootz. I'll name a few of the high points of the day 1) sunshine 2)swimming 3) beer 4) Tigers (they won, too!) 5) grilling hot dogs. It was the most relaxing day I've had in a long time. We were swimming/grilling for about four and a half hours. After he left I put on some pajamas and fell asleep until Jordan came home and made me this:


Isn't he great?
[End Weekend]

8 comments:

Anna & Drew's Mommy said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me. Unfortunatle, my weekends are no longer about relaxing.

jporterGOP said...

i believe i saw "D-Rock" Derrick Manley in the background of one of those pictures

Unknown said...

Can he really cook? I thought you said he was incompetent.

What's wrong with this picture Jordan sitting in a chair drinking beer and you painting? My answer: Nothing.

JP said...

Nothing wrong with it... just pointing out he did NO painting. And yes, that was D-Rock in the background. Good eye.

megawatt miler said...

bookshelf looks good!

carriegel said...

i forgave him for not painting after i saw what he made for dinner. i do the painting and the cooking!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to ignore my charmed life sister's comments. He's forgiven. He cooks.

carriegel said...

he does?