Music.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ruby Tuesday

I don't have much to post about lately, which is the same reason I often go so long without posting. I'm trying to keep people updated anyway though. I have a few areas in life I can update on. I'll start with my apartment search and finish with work.

Next school year I'm planning on living with my cousin, Kevin. We are both OSH majors and coordinated our schedules so we can study together, too. We'll be sharing classes and a two bedroom apartment. Last Wednesday we decided it would be a good day to start looking for a place to live next month. We started out looking between Allendale and Grand Rapids but nothing was working out. One of the landlords had given us a brochure of places in the Grand Rapids area to look at. Every time Kevin said a place I recognized it. Most were on a road called Alpine, north of Grand Rapids near Comstock Park. I drive down Alpine every time I go to work and it's about 5-10 minutes from Jordan's parents' house, depending on where you are. I offered to take him there since I knew it so well and there's a bus line that takes you down Alpine directly to the downtown campus.

We got to our first place called Green Ridge and he was already loving the Alpine area. There are a lot of stores so he said he could apply to work anywhere and it'd be close to the apartment. When we went in the office the lady we talked to had a two bedroom that will be open just in time for us. The price was right so we asked to see one of the units. They're perfect. It has a balcony with outdoor storage, a vaulted ceiling in the living room, patio doors with a half circle window above them, two large bedrooms with walk in closets, two bathrooms, a washer and dryer, and a pool open from Memorial Day until Labor Day. Did I mention it's right next to The Burlington Coat Factory?

Other than finding my dream place I've been looking for some gender neutral decorations and since we're both over 21 beer is very gender neutral. I've picked up some tin Irish beer signs that I think will look cool in the living room. Pictures will be up when we move in.

The only update I have for The Burlington Coat Factory is that they've given me more responsibility. Not only do I work customer service a majority of the time instead of just a normal register, but they've been starting me with a $500 drawer instead of only $100. The next step: upgrade from a level 0 key to a level 1 key so I can do some returns without supervision.

3 comments:

Shaelynn said...

Congratulations on both BCF and finding a great apartment! I hate apartment-hunting, personally, so I'm glad it went pretty fast for you.

Take pictures and post them when you move in!!

megawatt miler said...

the new apartment sounds really nice-i want to see pictures too!

carriegel said...

we are all waiting for pictures!