Music.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Fourth

My 4th of July was a good one. I had to work from 10:00am-6:30pm but I think I got holiday pay and I had plenty of time afterwards to go see fireworks. You'll notice in this post there are no pictures, I apologize. I left straight from work to go to the beach and realized I forgot my camera the second we got in the car.

As far as fireworks go, they've never really been my thing. I've only gone to the fireworks once and they were in Midland, if that says anything about the quality. Although Midland has a nice show, there are better ones. We went to Grand Haven for the works this year. I can easily say they were the best I've ever seen. We were sitting on the water waiting for the show when they started off with a water and lights production. It was like the fountain you see in Vegas that shoots up water except it had music to it and red, white, and blue lights. It was amazing. After the water show it was dark enough to shoot off the fireworks, finally. We had been sitting on the cement area that boats tie up to for three hours.

Long story short, the fireworks were amazing, especially the reflection in the water. I hope you all had a good 4th, too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you see me wave? We were right across the lake from you. Fireworks pics from Wisconsin in the very near future.

JP said...

Yeah, I was waving back... seriously right after I got off the phone I waved and told everyone I was with I was waving at you guys. They even looked and then I explained you were across the lake.

carriegel said...

we were up the lake from you. i didn't remember to wave tho.